Just a few weeks ago, Hindus around the world celebrated the festival of colors, known as Holi. Participants of all ages throw brilliantly colored powders to welcome the coming of springtime.
The Atlantic rounded up a gorgeous set of photos of Holi festivals from across the country of India.
The girl next door, Sophie. Photography by z-tox photography
In his latest unconventional series, he’s created immense landscapes from ordinary materials in hit kitchen, such as table salt.
via It’s Nice That
Hailing from the Czech Republic, self-taught photographer Martin Stranka uses a bit of Photoshop magic to create totally surreal portraits. He also compiled his favorite shots into a limited edition book that is worth checking out.
via We and the Color
By cutting these items in half we move past the simple appetite appeal we normally try to achieve and explore the interior worlds of these products.
- Sonya & Orest for DressCode Magazine (September 2010), Valeria Lazareva
- Untitled, Joshua Foster. On Tumblr
- Le Louvre et ses visiteurs, Alécio de Andrade
- Favourite Place, Hannah & Landon Metz
- Art Appreciation, Chuck Burgess
- Boston (Summer 1972), Nick DeWolf
- Museo del Prado, Madrid (1995), Elliott Erwitt
When Teresa’s not studying up for her nursing degree, she’s chasing grasshoppers and fungi to get the best macro photos ever.
We asked her what her favorite apps, lenses, and tips were for getting such great shots & she has so many good recs!